Level 1 Food Safety – Catering (£13.75 + VAT)
CPD, IIRSM, Gatehouse Awards & Institute of Hospitality Approved
Food Handlers and their employers have a legal duty to manage Food Safety. These obligations are set out by a number of EU and UK Laws. These Laws state that food handlers must make sure that food which is prepared, cooked, served or sold, is safe for human consumption. Failing to follow food safety standards can cause food to become contaminated with potentially fatal consequences.
Training your employees with our online system will go a long way to give them greater awareness of the dangers that poor food safety standards pose, as well as covering how food safety risks actually arise and how to control and prevent them.
The Level 1 Food Safety – Catering course provides an ideal solution to staff induction training including:
• New employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge;
• Employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A);
• Front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff;
• Back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff.
Please note that this course is level 1 in terms of the subject knowledge level of the content presented and the course does not lead to a formal level 1 qualification.
By the end of the Level 1 Food Safety – Catering course, you will be able to:
• Identify the key legislation involved with food safety and its application to the workplace.
• Recognise hazards that can occur during delivery through to service of food and how to
• Understand the nature of microorganisms and their link for food borne illnesses and food
• State the safety procedures and how they assist with controlling risk in the catering
• Demonstrate understanding of the importance of effective pest control.
Module Name – Pass % Required
1 – Food Safety Legislation – 75%
2 – Hazards from Delivery to Service – 75%
3 – Risk Control (Prevention of Contamination) – 75%
4 – Pests, Premises and People – 75%
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
50 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Contact us for more information.