Manual Handling (£19.50 + VAT)
IIRSM & CPD Approved
Incorrect manual handling is one of the most common causes of injury at work. To try and combat handling problems, the Manual Handling Operations Regulations were introduced.
The Regulations lay out duties for both employees and employers. They give a general requirement that employees must be trained to manually handle correctly including the use of any equipment their employer provides to handle loads safely.
This course outlines exactly what constitutes manual handling and covers the regulations and legislation that apply to manually handling tasks. It then goes on to cover safe handling techniques and how to develop good habits in relation to handling. It finishes off by introducing some practical solutions and the use of mechanical aids.
Please note that this is an awareness course only, if your duties include manual handling you will also need further practical training, you can get in touch with us to arrange this.
Training your employees with our online system will go a long way to giving them greater awareness of the dangers that poor handling poses, as well as covering safe handling techniques, practical solutions to issues and the use of mechanical aids.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Define Manual Handling and state the correct technique and effective application.
• Understand the relevant legislation and comply with the regulations.
• Recognise safe handling techniques and be able to develop good habits.
• Evaluate every manual situation you encounter, recognising risks and when to use mechanical aids.
• Understand the consequences on the body of incorrect handling and the dangers
• State the professionals most at risk from incorrect handling techniques.
Module Name – Pass % Required
1 – What is Manual Handling? – 75%
2 – Manual Handling Regulations – 75%
3 – Safe Handling – 75%
4 – Learning Safe Handling Habits – 75%
5 – Practical Manual Handling Solutions – 75%
6 – Use of Mechanical Aids – 75%
7 – Final Test – 70%
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
75 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Contact us for more information.