Cyber Security (£24.50 + VAT)
IIRSM & CPD Approved
Employees, managers and directors should all have a good understanding of the threat posed by cyber-attacks and the importance of guarding against data breaches.
This short course will explain why cyber attacks and data breaches happen and provide practical advice on how to set up effective defences.
First, the course will identify potential ‘cyber threat actors’ who initiate cybercrime, along with looking at the main motivations behind cyber-attacks on individuals and organisations.
On a more practical level, you’ll learn how to recognise and deal effectively with phishing attempts. The course will highlight the importance of keeping passwords secure and cover security for devices, such as smartphones, laptops, tablets or desktop computers.
You’ll learn how to report a suspected cyber attack, and what to do if you genuinely make a mistake.
Finally, we’ll underline the importance of cooperation and show how working closely together helps overcome a wide range of cybersecurity issues.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand what Cyber Attacks are and why data breaches happen.
• Identify those who commit cyber threats, their motivations and understand why you or your organisation could be a potential target.
• Recognise ‘red flags’ so that you can effectively combat threats to your cyber security and define potential methods of defence.
• Understand what makes you vulnerable inside and outside the workplace and what to do if a mistake happens.
Module Name – Pass % Required
1 – Cyber Security Overview – 70%
2 – Combating Cyber Attacks – 70%
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
25 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).